This is my entry to the Brew Dog #BrewBake contest and it tastes amazing even if I do say so myself!
Only makes a small amount of Ice Cream, can easily be doubled
- 250ml Milk
- 250ml Double Cream
- 2 Eggs
- 65g Caster Sugar
- 80ml Hello My Name Is Ingrid
- Combine Milk and half the cream in a saucepan and scold.
- At the same time mix the egg yokes and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Once milk is heated, pour onto egg mixture and mix.
- Pour back into saucepan and heat on low heat until thick. Do not boil!
- Leave to cool.
- Once cool, add the rest of the double cream and beer to taste.
- Pour into ice-cream maker if you have one, otherwise just into a tub and stir every hour or so.
This makes a surprisingly tasty ice-cream, possibly my favorite!
‘Alice Porter Snaps’
- 50g Butter
- 50g Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Golden Syrup
- 50g Flour
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 25ml Alice Porter
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Melt butter, sugar and golden syrup and cool a little.
- Add everything else and mix.
- Pour onto lined baking tray in little blobs.
- Don’t put the too close the really do spread!
- Cook in oven until golden brown all over. Probably longer that you think!
- Leave to cool for a couple of minutes and shape as desired.
I think with a bit of tweaking more beer could be used to make the flavour stand out more. Maybe loose the ginger too.
‘Alice Porter Caviar’:
- 1g Sodium Alginate
- 1.5g Sodium Lactate
- 100ml Low Calcium Water
- 50ml Alice Porter
- Prepare setting bath: Dissolve Sodium lactate in 50mm of the water. Stir to dissolve entirely.
- Add the sodium lactate to the other 50ml water and mix with a blender.
- Add 50ml of Alice Porter to the sodium lactate solution and stir well.
- Pipette drops of the Alice Porter solution into the setting bath and leave to firm for about a minute.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the pearls and rince them in fresh tap water.
- Use immediately.
Quite fun as they burst in the mouth and you get a hit of Alice Porter :)